Sunday 12 October 2014

OEE Sailing Sept 2014

OEE Sailing


Nothing comes sailing by itself -Alexander Dale Oen

For the past 3 weeks we have been sailing. It has been a while since we last went sailing for oee so I was a little nervous the first time we went because I didn't remember much. But once we got on the water I began to become familiar we the boat and became more confident. The first time that we went sailing it was very slow and a little boring because there was not much wind so we sometimes would be drifting on the water and moving very slowly. It was kind of nice though because it let us be comfortable in the boat as it was a while since we had gone sailing. The second time that we went it was very windy and it was raining a lot. The wave were also were very strong. That time we really had to be aware and ready because our boat was moving at very high speeds. It was really fun when started to move fast and we made some really good turns. But a few times we nearly capsized because we were going so fast. But once you get used to the fast speed it become really fun. It was much different from the last time that we had gone which probably was the reason that it was difficult in the beginning. The third time we went we got to sail around a freighter which was pretty fun. There was fair amount of wind but it was sunny so it was really nice to be out in the water. I think that I improved a lot from the previous days and I was really confident when I was sailing. I think the main thing that I need to learn is the parts of the boat because sometimes I forget. Sailing was very fun and I can't wait to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment